Learn how to take a proper care of your candle!
Make sure your wick is trimmed to between 4mm – 5mm before each light.
Trimming your wood wick regularly will extend the life of your candle.
When first burning your candle for the first time, keep it lit for at least 1 to 1.5 hours and allow the burn pool to reach the edge of vessel.
Failure to allow the burn pool to not reach the edge may cause it to tunnel from the burn pool ‘memory’.
During the first light, you may need to hold your lighter or match to your wick for several seconds until the combustion process of the candle is stabilized and the fuel from the wax keeps the flame alight.
Make sure your candle is at room temperature before lighting.
Lighting a cold candle can cause tunneling (hard wax left around the edge of the vessel).
Candles can be a serious fire hazard if not used properly.
Please follow the tips are to help minimize your risk when burning candles in your home.
Never leave a burning candle unattended or while sleeping.
Don’t burn a candle all the way down.
For safety measures, stop burning a candle when there is ¼ inch / 6mm of wax left in the vessel.
Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Before re-lighting, let the candle cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts.
Never touch or move a burning candle.
Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.(like bedding, curtains, decorations and clothing)
Keep burning candles out of reach of children or pets
follow the burning instructions on the caution sticker on your candle
keep wood wick trimmed before each use, to 1/4 of an inch. look for your wick ‘mushrooming’ and always trim these black bubbles.
Extinguishing a fire
Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle, if available, as it’s the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering.
Do not use water to extinguish a candle, this can cause the hot wax to splatter
Do not touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.